Kim in the Community
The world wasn’t made for us, we were made for the world,” as John Green stated in The Fault in Our Stars, and it’s so true!
Community is vital within any and every city! It is through communities we are able to interact with one another, share experiences, develop relationships and work towards common goals. Each of us are born with the opportunity to make a positive impact on this planet at any waking moment!
So why not try and give back to the local society that helps support, guide and strengthen each of us, because Brantford and Brant County are full of potential for community involvement! To best serve my client(s)… that hopefully being YOU, I strive to ensure I am participating and aware of on-goings throughout the community at all times of the year. Some of these include:
The Burford Lions
With a focus on raising money to go back into the community, the Burford. Lions Club has and continues to make a very positive and strong impact upon the local area. I have worked diligently and become recognized as one of the first female lion’s members of this amazing organization. Some of the initiatives the club has taken include:
• Hosting a Fish Fry Event ; $32,000 was raised in the year 2016 and donated to Stedman Community Hospice
• The Burford Lions Club has also built the arena in Burford, ON.
• Completed the walking trail, along with a bridge over Whiteman’s Creek
• Introduced a Splash Pad for youth and families to enjoy
• And More…
The Brantford Regional Real Estate Association (BRREA)
Serving the Brantford and Brant County area in enhancing real estate professional services and strengthening the community at large through various charitable initiatives. Some of my experiences with this volunteer position as a Director on the BRREA Board, has included:
• Raising donations for the local Food Bank and it’s Christmas Baskets Program
• Supporting, planning and helping organize the annual BRREA Golf Tournament in support of local charity organizations
• Being a member of the Ontario REALTORS Care® Foundation
• Remaining current with the real estate market, industry trends and events
• Helping take progressive steps to strengthen service(s) real estate professionals deliver to you our client(s)
• And More…
Member of the Brant Women Networking Group
Helping empower women throughout the community in business strategy, development and possibilities. I have the honour of sitting on the Executive for this wonderful organization, where we push to build great resources, support, tools and continually take steps to break any remnants of any historic glass ceiling. The Brant Woman Networking Group also gives back to the community in various means, including donations to the local food bank and more!
• List to Volunteer at Nova Vita
• Burford Fair – Sponsor of the Home Decorating Contest
• Part of the Burford Santa Clause Parade
• Help with local school programs throughout Brantford and Brant County
I am always striving to find something new to engage in and help this wonderful local community become stronger. I have a strong knowledge of the area, the people and can help you truly understand what can be expected of a neighbourhood you may choose to reside within.
If you are interested in joining some of the volunteer initiatives I am a part of please feel free to speak with me. If you are more interested in learning about the Brantford / Brant County areas for real estate interests, then I hope my level of engagement with local organizations demonstrates how I can help you with my knowledge.
Kim Bailey-Brown, Sales Associate
Redline Properties Inc.
5-111 Sherwood Drive
Brantford ON N3T 6J9